Sunday, June 8, 2008

Frustration Galore

Well we finally got our passport on Thurs. and went in Fri. am to apply for Visa. Apparently the I600A document to start the whole process which should have been sent to the Kampala embassy in March went to Nairobi instead. That will cost us a day- actually 2 because Mon. is Heroes Day in Uganda(how many public holidays can there possibly be)? Anyway that together with some changes to the court documents and then we can start- yes start the Visa process. We have been told it will take up to a week because the embassy is understaffed. This is where calling congressman, senators, the governor(a very pro adoption man) comes into play. Its unnacceptable that Americans in Uganda have only 2 employees to oversee all activities by the 1700 Americans in country at any given time. We need any help we can get to get a quick and favorable Visa outcome. My ticket is set for a June 17 return, I honestly never thought I would be pushing it but Sheesh! Please anyone that can help Janet she has a big burden and stress on her and we could use all hands on deck- especially prayers! Masseh is doing pretty good- she injured her leg the other day and cant put weight on it and ran a fever last night-I think it got twisted getting helped out of her highchair or something. Today no fever and I'm hoping to find something like Ibuprofen for her asap. She also had a diaper rash/blisters in her diaper area which some Desitin has helped much-as well as changing her diaper more than twice a day- I think because pampers are expensive here Joyce is hesitant to use very many. I went to Jinja today and it was fun and a necessary change of scenery for a day. Please continue thinking of us and praying for us= it helps I promise! Love to Janet and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KAYA!!!!! I usually mow her name in the back lawn on her special day so that will have to wait- please give her a huge hug and kiss and tell her Daddy and Masseh will celebrate with her when we get home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Frazier said...

Derrick, I will be calling the Kenyan embassy tonight so hopefully it is not a holiday there. Masseh has some terrible luck. If she really can't walk, take her back to the clinic to make sure nothing is broken. I really wish that I had sent some medicine withi you. Also, why don't you give Joyce some of the diapers we sent? If you don't have nay more, buy some and make sure she is checked to see if she is wet every couple of hours. That's not good if the rash is actually making blisters. She also could have the yeast infection on her bottom so she may need nystatin cream for that. Do take her to the clinic and see what they say. Kaya is missing you on her b-day. This morning I told her it was her b-day and she was now 3 and she started to cry and said, "no, I want to be two". Odd since she's been talking about it for months now. She also looks away if anyone wishes her happy birthday. I'm thinking the candles and presents may change her mind. We love you lots. I'm really praying they can find our package. Love you.

jena said...

We are praying for you! I'm going to call the Embassy Tuesday and see if Nathan has our I-600a. Happy Birthday to Kaya! Three is such a fun age. I am sure it is hard not being all together today. We'll pray that time flies until you will all be safe and sound under the same roof.

Jena
bapgap@triad.rr.com

jen said...

D, we all continue to pray for you. these lows make the highs sweeter but we're ready for no more lows. Mom, Dad, Shane, Elise & Max just returned from Montana and got some much needed R & R there. Happy Birthday Kaya! fresh air can be good for diaper rash from infrequent changes.