Friday, June 13, 2008

Be strong....

Heavenly father is merciful and I know He hasn't forgotten us but today I felt as alone as I've ever felt in my life. I need to keep faith alive and not forget that God is watching over our family. Janet and Kaya I love you and Masseh and I are dying to come home but we cant yet. Nathan spoke with the judge today and the judge claimed he needed more clarification from colleagues etc. on guardianship/adoption law and intent to adopt in the USA before he could satisfy Nathans questions as to whether we'll get an IR-4 (immediate relative visa). The judge will confer with other judges and Nathan will speak with the State Dept. for guidance but until then no visa issued. To get this far in the process only to have this be in question is beyond belief, there has been precedent set with many previous cases and why we are the ones to experience this I do not know. Satan is working hard to prevent good things from happening but God will overcome all who oppose His work, no unhallowed hand will stop the work from going forward. I dont know how this will get resolved but I know it will- this beautiful little girl is supposed to be in our family. Lets hope for some results on Monday when our lawyers speak with the judge (the judges are in their offices this coming week-just not taking any new cases). Masseh is feeling okay- leg still swollen but I dont think we need to take her to a different Dr. because they are already treating her for the different things that could be going on. Pray for her to get healthy and pray for me to be strong- I dont feel strong but I will fight for my child believe me! Thank all of you for your love and support- please let Janet and Kaya lean on you for awhile longer. Please also keep Kenneths family in your prayers- they lost a son four hours after he was born and need our love. God bless and keep us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

jena said...

I am so sorry. So thankful the judges are in their offices so that you weren't stuck another month.

Our prayers are with you.

Frazier said...

you need to call me

jen said...

Derrick, we are disappointed too, but are so proud of all the hard work you're doing to get your daughter home. this will happen! there are too many faithful prayers being offered. hang in there & read Mormon 9:15-21(whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him... ) Also Moroni 7:33-39 (If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me... It is by faith that miracles are wrought.") you definitely have the necessary meekness mentioned in verse 39 after this month huh? we all love you & Masseh & look forward to seeing you soon! Jen

Elaine said...

I am so sorry that the judge didn't just make things happen today. I wish Janet and Kaya had stayed here this weekend. We are hoping and definitely praying continually for your safe and happy return with Masseh. When that happens we will get together and celebrate. Your courage and determination sets a good example for all of us. We love and miss you and look forward to good news Monday. Hold on, the current is going to change soon. Janet and Kaya are hanging in there and looking forward to seeing both of you soon. God speed.

jen said...

from Mom & Dad... We're thinking of you all the time & praying for you. A lot of father's would have given up before now. This has been really hard. We're proud of you for being so full of faith. You are an example to us, as we face dfficult things. We've been wondering what foods Masseh can eat when she gets here that will be similar to the ones she likes...Idaho potatoes? Montana was very good & lush, very pretty. Bryan Reagan said "If you think your poptart is taking too long to toast you need to loosen up your schedule. You need some Montana brochures" Love you & we're praying for you both.

Unknown said...

D, sorry to hear about the delays. I know the feeling of wanting to strangle a judge — sometimes it's as if they are really just on a power trip and want to see you dangle in the wind until ... who knows until what, but they do make you dangle. I know it's tough, but try to focus on each day. Maybe a little yoga/meditation would help — I'm sure you're familiar with lotus and downward facing dog. But seriously, I feel for you bro. On the final day we were to leave K-stan a big snowstorm hit. We were scheduled to fly out of an airport the size of Pocatello's, where you have to walk out across the tarmac to get on your plane. That night a huge snowstorm hit, and we were just crushed. I got up every half hour all night to stare out the window as the snow piled up and the likelihood of us flying out diminished. Somehow that morning they got us to the airport, picking our way along among other vehicles that had slid off, and after a couple hours in an unheated hangar they called our flight. The plane had no de-icing equipment, hadn't been warmed up and looked like a prop for the first Indiana Jones movie, but up we went. Monique said at that point she didn't even care if the plane crashed, she just didn't want to be in Shymkent any longer. My experience was that just when I was sure I couldn't take anymore, another day had passed. I'm not sure what my point is, Grasshopper, except that we can truly tolerate a lot more than we realize. You'll get through this and within a few months it will be something that is mostly just a good travel horror story.

We will see you soon.

Love Lance, Monique, Jaden and Max

Chad said...

Derrick,
I can't even imagine your frustration. We all feel frustrated on your behalf as we read the ongoing saga, and we're not experiencing it firsthand. You guys have been through a lot, and I'm sure that when you finally bring Masseh home with you to be part of your family, it will be all the more special. Janet and Kaya are doing well, and we will be here to help with anything they need. We wish there was more we could do for you, but we are all praying that next Monday will bring good news. Hang in there. We can't wait to meet Masseh.

Chad, Lynette, and boys.