Friday, May 30, 2008

Keep On

We've just got to keep on keepin' on. As of today everything is in and applied for on the passport- we've expedited it and they have said they will do their best to have it Monday but no promises. Unfortunately Tuesday is a public holiday and no work will get done that day- patience is a virtue that is being forced upon me right now so I hope to learn something here. Following completion of the passport we must get Masseh a Visa from the US Embassy- hopefully a one day deal. I can then change my ticket and we can fly home! I love Uganda but having a sick child has taken alot of the fun out of it. Masseh is doing much better though, she still fights you on eating most things but will eat a few local foods with enthusiasm and is hydrating pretty well. She is keeping down her medicines and only vomited when I overfed her this morning trying to make up for a week of weakness with one big meal like an idiot. I've also never been so excited to see poop as I was this evening when it came out pretty solid rather than wet and runny(hopefully no one reads this blog while taking their breakfast) and I hope her system is working itself out finally. She walked a ton tonight and is getting stronger and more stamina. How I love that sweetheart and I know she cant wait to settle down with Mom and Kaya and feel secure and have a family who loves her. I love and miss Kaya and Janet and all of you so much- keep praying for us and especially Massehs health and a safe return!
Kye Kyo!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Frazier said...

I wrote a very long response to you only to realize as I hit the exit button that I hadn't published it. Sorry. David's reception is on Sat. If Masseh is sick at all still I wouldn't want to take her. I think I remember you saying though that the airline doesn't fly on thurs. or sat. We will have to check. I'm praying the passport really does come through on Monday. The country has way too many holidays. I asked Kaya if she wanted me to tell you anything and she said, "Abc's kika, and lalalala". We miss you so much. She asked a couple of days ago why you weren't coming home but I assured her that you will come back. She also wants to be Masseh's sister but we can't be her parents. By the way, do you think that the iron supplement maybe is contaminated? Remember how it wasn't sealed and had spilled out when they opened it? Just a thought. Maybe buy a new one. Love you and miss you so much!!!

Elise said...

D, that is the news we were waiting for! I hope all goes smoothly and quickly, but even if it's not as quick as you think, at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel!
When you can, let us know specific dates and travel plans so we can have a homecoming bash for you guys. I am just sitting here at home wondering how to spend this summer...school ended yesterday! Well, we love ya and hope to see you soon! Below are some remarks from Patty:
YEAH!!!! I am so excited! I hope she keeps feeling better. I wonder why she keeps getting the fever. How did the passport and Dr. appt. go? I think about you guys everyday and hope you are eating some somosas for me and american pancakes:)It was hard getting used to work again. My sleep is just barely getting back to normal now. Gram says to tell you hi and she is excited to see you both when you get home! Take care- love you both! Patty

Frazier said...

Okay, so I called the airlines because i got to thinking how full our flights were and thought I should check to see what's available next week. I found out that your ticket was a special price and is very limited for what days you can change it to (why am I not surprised). Next week, you can fly out on Wed. the 4th (wouldn't that be nice and require a miracle?) or Sun the 8th. Friday isn't available. Also,if you get the passports Monday could you go to the embassy on Tues. or is it closed too? I was thinking it closes for US holidays. So really all you need to do is pick up the passport Monday morning and go straight to the embassy, pick up the visa on Wed. morning and fly out that night. Should be easy enough right? Do let me know as early as you can on Monday what you know about the passport. By the way, everyone misses you and is asking how you are. Brad told me a couple days ago that he misses having you hang out at his house. Kaya saw a bunch of trees in the river bottoms the other day and asked if that was Africa. She must have heard me say that it had a lot of trees. Give Masseh a hug and kiss for me. Do you feel like I will be forever indebted to you for doing this? Love you and miss you so much!!!!!!!!!!