Friday, January 23, 2009

I realize it has been five months since I have blogged and considered either starting a new blog or making this one private. I still haven't been able to go back and read all the posts of when we were in Uganda. It was an amazing but extremely difficult and emotional time and it was the only way that Derrick and I communicated with eachother. So it seems quite personal to have anybody be able to read it. However, I love being able to read other's adoption experiences and it is what allowed me to know better what we were in for so I think I will leave it how it is for now. Now to updating...
We officially adopted Masey (new spelling, same girl :) on Dec. 3rd. We now pronounce it like Macey but in Uganda it would still be Mah-say. She is doing fantastic. Shortly after our last post, she started walking and her leg continues to get progressively better. We are hopeful that she won't require any more surgeries. She went to the doctor yesterday and she nows weighs 26 lbs!!! She started out at 18 lbs. so no wonder my arms are getting tired. She celebrated her 2nd birthday last week and has so much personality. She is a little chatterbox and talks so well and so much. She has the infectious little laugh that I just can't get enough of. After some not very fun adjustment issues with Kaya, they are now best friends and cute as can be. I have to say that one of my very favorite things is seeing them together, laughing and playing and just loving eachother. Part of the reason I wanted to blog is when I realized the other day that I was forgetting little things about when Masey first came home and how nice it would be to have it written down and realize how far we've come as a family. I also wanted to write down the different adjustment issues and behaviors that happened during the first few months. It is nice when I read other blogs and realize it wasn't smooth sailing for them either. Maybe if I get really brave, I will actually post pictures.

1 comment:

jena said...

So glad you are blogging!